Include healthy fats in you diet
Healthy fats are an important element of your balanced meals. Your body needs healthy fat to function properly and to achieve optimal health.
Eating healthy fat will not make you fat, they are an essential part of your diet and include
omega 3 and omega 6.
In the typical Western diet we have too much omega 6 and too little omega 3, including healthy fats in your diet will help to rebalance this.
Benefits of eating healthy fats include:
- may help to support healthy cholesterol levels
- may help with weight loss, as they are slower for the body to digest, keeping you feeling fuller for longer
- may help reduce inflammation in the body (chronic inflammation has been linked to diseases)
- may help the functioning of your brain
- may improve the condition and appearance of your skin
- may improve the quality of your sleep
- nuts ( a small handful a day)
- extra virgin olive oil
- coconut oil
- oily fish (such as wild salmon, mackerel, sardines, anchovies)
As with all food groups healthy fats should be eaten in moderation and as part of a balanced diet.
Have a look at Family friendly balanced meals for quantity information.
Follow the Facebook page and let us all support each other on a journey towards a healthier life.